Learn How to Effectively Use a Firearm
Armed ChAD™ Self-Defense
It can feel comforting to have a weapon at your side. However, if you don’t know how to use it properly, then you’ll likely just be a danger to yourself or others. At Pugh Self Protection, we’ll teach you the skills necessary to safely and effectively use a firearm.
Our training will cover:
- The laws related to carrying a concealed handgun and when using one is justified
- Shooting essentials, from proper tactics to safety
- The aftermath of using a firearm against another person
- Low-stress practice role-playing scenarios
- At the conclusion of this course, you will feel comfortable and confident using a firearm even if you are previously unfamiliar with.
We Offer a Range of Courses to Choose From
Learn More Today
Our armed self-protection courses include:
- 18-hour New York State Handgun Permit Course: This course meets the New York State requirements for the 16-hour classroom and 2-hour live-fire that became law in September 2022 as prerequisites for obtaining a New York State Handgun Permit. Participants must pass both a written test & firearm live-fire proficiency test at 80% or better in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Training for Beginners: If you are new to concealed carry—or just not comfortable with it yet—then this training is a must. During this training, you’ll participate in practical exercises, receive educational lectures, and focus on other essentials. In addition, you will be equipped with marking cartridge firearms so that you can test your skills against real role-players.
- An Introduction to Gun Fighting: We’ve divided this course into three segments. The first, Empty-Handed Skills and Drills, will teach you how to survive an assault. The second, Live Fire, will introduce you to combat shooting. The last, Scenario, will allow you to put what you’ve learned into practice utilizing marking cartridge firearms.
- Gun Fighting While Non-Bipedal: If you end up on the ground during a fight, you still need to be able to defend yourself. We will teach you how to access and shoot your firearm from a non-bipedal position. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to practice using marking cartridge firearms.
- Gun Fighting Applications Against Multiple Assailants: This course is designed to prepare participants to defend themselves against multiple assailants and, like previous courses, is divided into Empty-Hand Skills, Live-Fire, and Scenario segments.
- Gun Fighting Applications Against Armed Assailants: Many assailants may have firearms of their own. This course will teach you how to defend yourself against an armed assailant through the three previously discussed segments: Empty-Hand Skills, Live-Fire, and Scenario.
- Being in a Sustained Gun Fight: Retreating isn’t always going to be an option. We can train you on how to proceed if you’re in a sustained gunfight. This can include improving your combat shooting performance, teaching you how to deal with malfunctions, and teaching you how to shoot while moving.
- Gun Fighting with Environmental Considerations: In this course, we’ll put everything you’ve learned in previous courses to the test by addressing and adding in environmental factors.
- Custom Training: All of our courses can be customized to your needs. Just call today to learn more about what we do.
Talk to a Professional About Scheduling a Session
Give Us a Call
Learn more about the courses that we offer. Call us today to schedule training and speak to a professional.
Our Full Range of Courses
Active Shooter S.O.S. Training
Make sure that you can stay safe in an active shooter situation.Read More
Unarmed ChAD Self-Defense
Learn how to defend yourself without a weapon with our training.Read More
Armed ChAD Self-Defense
Learn how to properly use a firearm to keep yourself safe.Read More
NY State Security Guard Courses
Obtain and maintain your security guard license with us.Read More
Sign up for One of Our Courses
At Pugh Self Protection, we want to make sure that our clients are able to defend themselves effectively. Learn important skills by signing up for one of our courses. Call (607) 202-5999 or get in touch using the contact form to learn more about what we have available. We’re ready to help teach you the skills you need to stay safe.
We offer services in: