Make Sure You’re Prepared to Protect Yourself in an Active Shooter Situation
Being in an active shooter situation can be a terrifying experience for anyone. Our active shooter training is designed to give you the skills necessary to protect yourself. Our proprietary S.O.S.(™) & Ch.A.D.(™) methodology has been shown to be the safest and the most effective way to handle the active shooter situations that we have become most familiar with. Run, hide, fight, is not the most effective method. Here is what we teach…
Ch.A.D. – for when an active shooter is in your immediate area without any forewarning
- Charge to zero feet – get inside the assailant’s arm’s reach
- Attack with violence of action – attack the head & face
- Distract if possible – while charging to zero feet throw any objects you have in your hands at the assailant’s head
S.O.S. – for when you become aware of an active shooter that is not in your immediate area
- Seek a Safe Area
- Out of Sight But Within (arm’s) Reach – it is harder for the shooter to use the weapon when you are within their arm’s length
- Strategically Attack- take the fight to them
Our active shooter training includes:
- Video analysis of actual incidents.
- Discussions of tactics to maximize survival.
- Low-stress role-playing scenarios.
- Information on the typical profile, characteristics, and tendencies of active shooters.
Take One of Our Training Courses to Build Important Skills
Keep Yourself Safe
We have four different levels of active shooter training available:
- Level I: This level covers the essentials of active shooter response training and covers the necessary concepts, skills, & tactics to maximize survival during a worst-case scenario. Participants get to put their skills to the test against real role players, building confidence & limiting self-doubts.
- Level II: This level will build on the lessons learned in Level I and is geared towards teaching participants how to effectively & efficiently utilize improvised weapons against assailants.
- Level III: This level will build on the lessons learned in Level I & II and is geared towards teaching participants how to effectively & efficiently engage multiple assailants.
- Level IV: This level will build on the lessons learned in Level I, II, & III, and is geared towards teaching participants how to effectively & efficiently engage multiple assailants with the use of improvised weapons.
- Drills: Once people have received training at any level, we offer the ability to organize drills for your organization. Drills include the use of local first responders (police, fire, medical) to test all facets of active shooter response.
Learn More About What We Have to Offer
Call Us Today
Make sure that you’re prepared for an active shooter situation. Consider calling us today to learn more and schedule training.
Our Full Range of Courses
Active Shooter S.O.S. Training
Make sure that you can stay safe in an active shooter situation.Read More
Unarmed ChAD Self-Defense
Learn how to defend yourself without a weapon with our training.Read More
Armed ChAD Self-Defense
Learn how to properly use a firearm to keep yourself safe.Read More
NY State Security Guard Courses
Obtain and maintain your security guard license with us.Read More
Sign up for One of Our Courses
At Pugh Self Protection, we want to make sure that our clients are able to defend themselves effectively. Learn important skills by signing up for one of our courses. Call (607) 202-5999 or get in touch using the contact form to learn more about what we have available. We’re ready to help teach you the skills you need to stay safe.
We offer services in: